CALIFORNIA STATE PTA CONVENTION
The annual California State PTA Convention is held for the transaction of certain organization business and for the instruction, information, and inspiration of the PTA members. This dates and location of year's State Convention will be announced soon.
The convention purposes are to:
- Conduct the annual business of the California State PTA
- Train, inform, and inspire PTA leadership
- Provide delegates the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with other delegates from throughout the state.
More information on the California State PTA convention can be found at http://capta.org/programs-events/convention/. For information on the National PTA convention go to http://www.pta.org/newsevents/convention.cfm?ItemNumber=4621&navItemNumber=3421.
For budgeting purposes, here are a few figures that may help you with estimating convention delegate expenses:
- Registration: between $219 and $319, depending on how soon you register.
- Healthy Lifestyles Scavenger Hunt donation - $10
- Parking: between $15 and $20 per day.
- Meals: save actual receipts or use per diem rates.
- Southern California conventions: transportation: approximately $200, depending on date of air fare purchase. Budget approximately $75 for airport shuttle. Hotel accommodations will vary on room rate and number of occupants.
Fremont Council has a limited budget for state convention grants. If you are interested in applying for a grant please fill out the one of the two forms below and send to president [at] fremontcouncilpta.org.